Urinary tract infection(UTI) is common health problem it occurs when the bladder and its tubes get affected by bacteria.Both men and women have this problem,but women are more prone to suffer.It may cause damage to the kidneys.
- Burning and itching sensation when not urinating
- Burning sensation when urination
- Urine will come frequently
- dark and cloudy urine
- cramping ( pelvic area in women and rectal area in men)
- Blood in the urine (need to consult doctor)
- Pain under the ribcage,low-abdomen,back,fever (need to consult doctor immediately).
- testical pain in men
- Transfer of bacteria during sex before and after sex you must be careful of anythings may cause to transfer bacteria.pass out the urine after sex can reduce the transfer of bacteria and clean your urinary tract.
- Not drinking enough water it may cause dehydration
- Holding urination for long time it push against the valves and urine moves to kidneys.It may weakens the bladder muscles.
- Poor hygiene,non-cotton underwares,tight fitting dress.
- Too many antibiotics,it kills both good and bad bacteria.
Home remedies for Urinary tract infection:
Blueberries are very beneficial in the treatment of urinary tract infection.It have got bacteria-inhabitant properties.You can add fresh blueberries in your favorite cereal or make juice and drink it in morning and evening.Note that you should not add artificial sweeteners.Antioxidants present in blueberries prevent the growth of bacteria that causes UTI and improves immune system.
Cranberry juice is one of the remedy to cure urinary tract infection.Who has UTI they should drink atleast 3 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice to prevent the damage of kidneys and infection.Note that you should drink without sugar or you can mix it with apple juice.
Pineapple has anti-inflammatory properties which can prevents the bacteria that causes urinary tract infection.Consume full cup of pineapple everyday to prevent the urinary tract infection.If you are not interested to eat make juice and drink.
Drinking plenty of water is very healthy for us.In UTI treatment you should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.Drinking high quantity of water it reduces the bacteria present in the urinary tract and tubes,it can flush out the bacteria through urine.You should take fruits and vegetable juice along with water.
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar can prevent the urinary tract infection.It has rich in potassium and enzyme sources.Add 2 to 3 tea spoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and also add 1/2 teaspoon of honey.Drink it 3 to 4 times in a day for a better result.
Diet for UTI:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Vitamin C food items such as banana,orange,guava,raspberry,tomato,papaya,kiwi fruit etc..
- Onions,radish,shallots,uncooked garlic,new ginger root
- loads of fruits and vegetable juices.